Genealogy: Sources: England/Wales Divorce Records National Archives

By | 2016-05-22

For divorces which you think took place in England and Wales between 1858 and 1937 you can look in the Catalogue of The National Archives. Try the family name in the “Word or phrase”  box and you’ll need J77 in “Department or Series Code” box. If you find a relevant entry then you’ll need to go to Kew to look at it or use whatever facilities they have for ordering and sending you a copy. 

Leave a Reply