When I started this “journey”, I had no idea where it might end up.As I have stated elsewhere I was shocked to discover that the established wisdom might be wrong. That there was a possible link between Sugar (Fructose) and overweight, obesity, type II diabetes. Then I started to discover that possibly there was a link between fructose and CVD and perhaps the whole Cholesterol theory was suspect. Since then I have been reading about the potential link between fructose and cancer, dementia, and Alzheimers. Initially I am just going to give you some links that you can persue. I am still trying to get my head around how much of this I find credible.
- Cancer cells slurp up fructose, US study finds http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/08/02/cancer-fructose-idAFN0210830520100802
- Concerns About Fructose, Janis Walworth, Co-op Member and Nutrition Consultant, http://www.communityfood.coop/coop/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Fructose-Article-Jul-Aug10-NL.pdf
- Warburg theory of cancer.
- THE ROOT CAUSE OF CANCER – Noble prize Winner Dr. Otto H Warburg . Dr. Warburg https://sites.google.com/site/ganodermareview/the-root-cause-of-cancer
- The Prime Cause and Prevention of Cancer, by Dr. Otto Warburg http://www.alkalizeforhealth.net/Loxygen2.htm
- Cancer Loves Sugar, http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/nutrition/sugar.htm
- Can a High-Fat Diet Beat Cancer? http://co tent.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1662484,00.html
- Fructose, insulin resistance, and metabolic dyslipidemia, http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/5
Grain Brain: The Surprising Truth about Wheat, Carbs, and Sugar – Your Brain’s Silent Killers by Perlmutter, David (16 Jan 2014). This goes much further into a potential linkage with Alzheimers and Gluten.